Thursday, September 22, 2011

I miss my childhood....

I was talking to an old friend a few days ago, one that I have not talked to since high school. We talked for what seemed like a long time about how life has changed since high school, but mostly about our memories in high school. After we got off the phone, I went into my closet and managed to find my old high school year books. As I went through them year by year, I could not help but just reminisce on my memories of not only high school, but my childhood as well. I started to remember my old friends from middle school and all the embarrassing moments, which I look back and realize that there were a lot of. I keep thinking to myself how much I miss my childhood, where things were a lot easier and simpler. I feel like my life has gotten so complicated that sometimes I don't even know how it got to this point.

On a political note, my favorite news article of the week is definitely the one about the internal audit which was done on the Justice Department and found that they spent $121 million on department conferences in 2008 and 2009. As you read the report and the article, it mentions that the average cost of a muffin during these conferences was $16 and that an 8 ounce cup of coffee came out to $8.24. I mean seriously? $16 for a muffin? I could not help but laugh at this because it gets harder and harder to take politicians seriously after you read about things like this. I just hope congress gets there act together soon or else this country will have more serious problems in the years to come.

News article: http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/20/us/justice-conference-costs/index.html?iref=storysearch

New Words this week:
Actus Reus- Latin for "Guilty Act" or an act in violation of the law.
Abscond- To hide or conceal.

No comments:

Post a Comment