Friday, September 9, 2011

My east coast trip!

This weekend, I came with my brother back to Pennsylvania to visit for a few days. He came back for a high school reunion and I decided to tag along for the weekend because I haven't been back in a few years. Well before we got here, many of our friends told us that there was a lot of rain. Well we didn't think it would be this much. Once we landed in Washington D.C., we realized that this was going to be an interesting weekend. We rented a car and while driving to Pennsylvania, we ran into a few flooded roads and had to reroute a few times.

Well we finally got to Pennsylvania and it definitely wasn't any better. The rain continued all through the night and into the morning. Finally this morning it stopped for a little but who knows when it will start back up again. While driving through York (where I am originally from), it was weird to see a lot of places that I haven't seen in many years still there. It was a nice trip down memory lane. I am excited to see some friends who still live around the area that I haven't seen in years. I am definitely glad I decided to tag along with my brother this weekend. However, the weather does remind me why I am glad to be living in California.

New Vocabulary words:
Purport- The meaning or nature of something
Limn- To describe something in words or painting

No comments:

Post a Comment