Friday, October 14, 2011

It never ends....

I am about halfway through the semester and I just keep thinking to myself that all of these papers and homework assignments never seem to end. I know december is not too far away but for some reason I feel like it will never come. Every time I finish a homework assignment or a paper, I feel like 2 more take its place. I am working on a few papers simultaneously and I am afraid I will start discussing a topic in one paper that belongs in another paper, resulting in two bad papers. I am just trying to keep my head up and hoping it will all be worth it in the end. I am definitely taking a vacation after I am done! I heard Europe's nice around winter time.

As I was browsing the news this morning online, I found two things which caught my eye. The first was a IMF speaker at a university in Turkey who had eggs thrown at him. I didn't find this politically relevant, just funny. The other article, which I did find politically relevant, was about who pays a fair share of taxes. I found this article to be interesting about how President Obama wants to change the tax laws and how the Republicans want to change it as well.

Links:
Egg throwing video: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/10/14/nr-imf-egg-throwing.cnn
Tax sharing article: http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/14/news/economy/class_warfare_taxes/index.htm?iid=HP_LN

Words I learned this week:
parochial (Adj)- relating to church parish
Ombudsman- (Noun)- An official appointed to investigate individuals complaints against public authorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment