Sunday, October 9, 2011

So two peanuts walk into a bar....

And one was a-salted! Ha! That joke never gets old. I sometimes feel that a little humor goes a long way. I am a huge fan of comedy, from comedy movies to funny TV shows to stand up comic performances. I feel like every time I have a bad day or something goes on, a good laugh can always get me out of a rut. For example, one of my favorite shows is Modern Family and when I am having a bad day or just need something to cheer me up, I just watch an episode or two of it and I feel just a little bit happier. I feel like sometimes people should just take a minute out of their day to read a joke or watch something that makes them laugh and the world would be a better place.

The other day I was complaining, like I normally do, to my dad about how tough school is and everything else I have going on. My dad, like he normally does, just kept nodding his head as he watched TV pretending to listen me. In the middle of me complaining, I brought up the issue of law school and how one of my biggest fears is not getting into the schools I want. As I continued to talk, he looked over at me and said "so what?" Thinking that he meant it in a way to say he doesn't care what I have to say, I got upset, but after a minute of thinking I realized he didn't mean it like that, he meant to say "so what? It's not the end of the world." I told him that getting into a good law school meant a lot to me and If I didn't, then I would feel like I let him down. He then looks over at me and says for the first time in a long time "I'm already proud of you no matter what. So what if you don't get into a great law school? It's not the end of the world. I know you'll be successful no matter what, it doesn't make a difference what you do." After hearing my dad tell me that, I definitely knew that my parents backed me up no matter what, which was a great feeling. That talk with my dad definitely made my week just a little bit better.

Words I learned this week:
Zaibatsu- Japanese industrial or financial conglomerate
Chaebol- A Korea family owned business conglomerate

No comments:

Post a Comment